The Theme for this year’s event is #BreakTheBias
Happy Women’s History Month! As we celebrate the achievements of women everywhere, we must also continue the unfinished work of achieving gender equality. International Women’s Day (IWD) is March 8, and the theme for this year’s event is #BreakTheBias.
IWD is a great opportunity for small business owners to help “Break the Bias” and promote gender equality while raising awareness of their services and products. It’s not too late to consider how your business can participate.
Need ideas? Try one or more of the following five (5) activities. Thankfully, they won’t break your budget.
- Sharing is service. Share inspirational quotes, a story and/or business tips in social media posts and email, and tag individuals or groups to give them a shoutout. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #BreakTheBias.
- Volunteer. Give your time to helping at a local women’s charity, or perform a service for women within your network.
- Offer a free workshop to a local women’s group (or even a men’s group), either in person or via Zoom. Free business workshops are always sought after.
- Give an inexpensive gift. Deliver your business cards/promo material with a small gift such as candy, dessert or a pant to local businesses to show recipients. There are promo gift ideas to fit any budget, and I can help you find a gift that’s right for your business.
- Speak to local news media. Make yourself available to speak on the #BreakTheBias theme by emailing a reporter for your local newspaper or TV station.
There are many ways to celebrate International Women’s Day. Think about where you are and how you can promote women’s equality by using the #BreakTheBias theme. While women-own 45% of the businesses in the United States, there are still many women across the country and around the world who are trying to #BreakTheBias as entrepreneurs.
Learn more about International Women’s Day and access promotional resources at https://www.internationalwomensday.com/.
For more small biz tips, visit my website, www.parfaitmedia.com.